Now if only I had a cake pan so I could put a cake in there one day!
These fabulous cookies are Soft Gingersnaps, taken once again from AllRecipes.com. Perfect for fall, small and spicy! The crunchier ones melt in your mouth when dipped in hot coffee.
- 1 1/2 cups butter (no substitutes), softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Additional sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-12 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.