We’ve been spending a lot of time at the pool and beach this summer, whether it’s an hour away or just down the road… or on our balcony. (More about that later.) Here are a few things in our beach bag this summer:
1. Hats for everyone! We love our newest sun hat, a present from Uncle Charlie (similar here). We also love hats from H&M: usually about $5 each and so cute.
2. This infant sunscreen has been a staple in our home since Lena was born. It is extremely well-rated by the Environmental Working Group, which is the deciding factor in our house when we buy infant skincare products.
3. A hat for mom. I got mine at a tacky tourist shop on vacation and have loved it for all kinds of outings, even hikes. Similar here (but with a pink band!).
4. Lena’s swim suit is so much cuter than this Zara suit, but I can’t find her suit online. I love the classic look… and I’m a sucker for stripes!
5. Beach read for me. I’m forever trying to catch up on this magazine. It relaxes and inspires me… but, to Elliott’s frustration, I almost never make or cook anything from it! Gotta work on that. I earned a free subscription here.
6. Toy for Gil. This is my favoriteof all his toys. Sand doesn’t stick to wooden toys like it does to some others.
7. Puddle Jumper floatie for Lena. She loves this thing and so do we! We got it for her last summer when she was about 18 months, and our friend Elise (age 6) has tried it out and loved it too. Every time I go to the pool, some mom asks me where I got it because they see how happy and comfortable Lena is in the water. Highly, highly recommended.
And I forgot to add this one to the collection above, but perhaps our favorite beach/pool item this summer is our inflatable pool — $8 on Amazon— that we literally use every day. We put it out on our balcony, plop the kids in it, and they go to town! Add a couple of plastic cups and bowls, or some bath toys, or even water balloons… and you’ve got some refreshingly wet fun ahead of you.
What is helping you stay cool (and cute!) this summer?
We picked up a kiddie pool as well after C had a blast at water days at school! It’s a must in this Texas heat!
Paddling pools are loved the world over – often in Scotland we had to fill them with warm water as it wasn’t that warm outside.
Love the little puddle jumper floatie too – great idea!
Love that hat!! I bought a similar one at Target early this summer, but then it got wet and squashed and hasn’t been the same since. :-(
If I had kids your age, I’d go in for everything in your bag!